"Tea" Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We made a Tea wine for the standard wine competition in our club a few years back. Everyone used the same recipe but choice of tea was left to individuals. If my memory serves me right it was only 10 Tea bags brewed for ten minutes 1 litre of grape juice + sugar to make a UK gallon of semisweet wine. Wasn't exceptional but a drinkable wine. My CEO was quite chuffed about it as she won it.:(:eek:

I make a Dollar Store Tea Wine. Part of my Cheapass Winery Series, comes in about 40 cents a bottle.

boil a whole box of cheap tea bags and let cool over night. I like to use a simple sugar and water to 5 gallons and 1.07ish with ec1118 just because I have a bunch of it.

makes a drinkable whiteish wine that's tolerable on it own.... The taste grows on you. But, we like as a mixer with fruit juices or the crystal life flavors and makes a good base for what we call a trashcan Sangria.... The last batch of which really cranked up a Christmas party!

We made a Tea wine for the standard wine competition in our club a few years back. Everyone used the same recipe but choice of tea was left to individuals. If my memory serves me right it was only 10 Tea bags brewed for ten minutes 1 litre of grape juice + sugar to make a UK gallon of semisweet wine. Wasn't exceptional but a drinkable wine. My CEO was quite chuffed about it as she won it.:(:eek:

But British tea bags make tea. US teabags make.... I dunno what... but it ain't tea.

Has anyone ever tried making tea wine? I was thinking of trying twinnings Earl Grey tea... I have seen recipes for tea wine I just have never tasted any?? Would I be wasting my time?
No, it isn’t waste of time. You will be satisfied. I’ll be making from apricot tea. You can try cherry stalk herbal tea as well as I think it will be more consistent in taste.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back