tasting wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzzmeister

Reaction score
Hi all Iam currently fermenting a wine expert kit vintners reserve valpollicella, it is in the secondary fermentation process at day 4. My question is when is the best time to take a taste test? can it be done right after you degass, and add the metabisulphate, and sorbate, or wait untill bottling time?

Hi all Iam currently fermenting a wine expert kit vintners reserve valpollicella, it is in the secondary fermentation process at day 4. My question is when is the best time to take a taste test? can it be done right after you degass, and add the metabisulphate, and sorbate, or wait untill bottling time?

My curiosity gets the best of me so I usually take a taste at the point of transferring the wine to the secondary and when fermentation is complete (but before adding the stabilizer and fining). By the way, I made a Winexpert valpollicella in 2005 and loved it and still have a couple bottles left!

Latest posts

Back