Tart Cherry Pink Pee

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We both like making wine. We both like drinking it. We both like sharing it. I don't think we're so polar opposite as you think.

Hey, I took that as a complement! My dad's an ex-cop, and there has never been a finer one. Guys he put away, bought him beers after they got out.

You're welcome. Kinda weird how a quick search I did sparked something that got you something you've been looking for. Glad I could help.
Remember Dawg, he is a "happily married man"., lest you pronounce too many accolades..............................he has been very helpful to me as well............................Dizzy

frist, by saying polar opposites it is my way of joking, yes i'm weird,,lol
second, god bless your dad, i'm the oldest of 4 boys, my brother just under me became the county investigator, i was like man you'll ruin my reputation, but i got told by everybody, your brother is as straight as you can be, but when he stops someone he'd tell them two things dont lie to me and i will help you all i can, um light stuff like drinking and smoking weed, but you lie to me i'll shove a ball bat up you A sideways and do all i can to send you down or as big a fine as possible, i'm like WTF my party friends were thanking me, dang, then iraq hit, he was 3 months from retirement in the guard, he was in the first wave into baghdad. fort apache , they give them tokens, they call coins, all but one was in his footlocker, one in his pocket, it is bent and scratched seen much abuse, it went every step with him, when he came home he passed out them footlocker stored coins to the family, he had me walk into the woods with him, then he pulled that bent,scratch coin shaped like a arrow head, he said i have carried this coin , day and night from my first day of combat till right now, richie here is your coin he never went back to law enforcement, he said he'd seen all the death i can handle,, , i have nothing in my life as valuable as that coin, so yes i know your pride too. i feel we are much alike, but like at my parents i'll tell mom i love her, i'll tell dad i uset to love him long ago, he laughs and says that at least he loves my dog,,,, here is me in a nutshell, if i tease someone, and joke with them then you'll know i like you, if i am straight faced polite and no joking, well them people had better be praying, i have learned on here that most vinters are way to serious, but you can't count the PM's i get from people on here i've never talked to, nothing, but they PM me and say your different but you add color to this forum, thank you, THAT MAKE ME FEEL GOOD, to know i gave someone a smile or a laugh,
Dawg
Dawg, I am overwhelmed with what you have shared in this post. God bless your brother!.You are blessed to receive such a wonderful remembrance of what he lived through. He, obviously loved you alot! I don't know about how to PM someone, but I would like to know!...................................Dizzy

Its done, 0.992 racked off the lees and stable. but wow is it ever gassy! I hope I can beat the gas out of it otherwise I'll have to put it back for next year. Patience has never been one of my strong points...

Only a suggestion on what I do to degas my SkeeterPee. I've tried many methods including using a vacuum pump and this works best for me.

When the SP is ready to degas I split it into two carboys and shake the heck out of it. I then put it back in one carboy and do it again the next day. I have excellent results doing it this way, and for me it works better than any other way I've tried. Be sure to hold the bung on tight, I had one shoot across the basement and haven't found it to this day. lol

Just remember, degassing works best when the SP is warm and not cold.

Last edited:
Only a suggestion on what I do to degas my SkeeterPee. I've tried many methods including using a vacuum pump and this works best for me.

When the SP is ready to degas I split it into two carboys and shake the heck out of it. I then put it back in one carboy and do it again the next day. I have excellent results doing it this way, and for me it works better than any other way I've tried. Be sure to hold the bung on tight, I had one shoot across the basement and haven't found it to this day. lol

Just remember, degassing works best when the SP is warm and not cold.
Interesting! I already get strange looks from my wife when i shake carboys vigorously when cleaning. One half full of skeeter pee would certainly produce a doubtful gaze!
I got to try this.

Latest posts

Back