synthetic corks

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like and enjoy using the Nomacork corks. I also thought that 1000 pcs were going to take forever to go thru and couple of years go by and I'm ordering another 1000 pcs.

dang i lost the web site where to buy nomacroc reserva 1000 lots, does anyone have the site that sells them, i've tried the search engine, but can only find info on them, someone here on WMT posted the site to buy nomacroc reserva, i thought i bookmarked but i can not fine the site, i have select 900's ,, but really want to go the nomacroc reservra,
thanks
Dawg

first what I'm fixing to say, I will say with my head down!
I have two long sets of bookmarks, I had went threw both of them super long lists, desperate, I posted on here, and you posted the site I thought I had lost, you can not imagine to my chagrin, gawd this is embarrassing,,,, you posted i went there and there they were,,, saved in my list, right now i am two things, indebted to you for your kind help, and i feel 2 inches tall. and the worst is without your help,, I would have never checked there, Hat in hand I thank you @"CDrew:i
Dawg

I really like and enjoy using the Nomacork corks. I also thought that 1000 pcs were going to take forever to go thru and couple of years go by and I'm ordering another 1000 pcs.
hey Steve @vacuumpumpman , do you just store your extra nomacrocks in ziploc freezer baggies, since i have been buying nomacroc's 900 select that is what i do, but this thousand lot will last me probably a couple years, with smaller lots I just ordered,, and did not store for long, this year i got 200 then 400, so no long term storage, a thousand lot will last me 2 years, hope you and your family are great,
Dawg

how do you store them, if i order 1,000 that will be a few years worth for me, just in zip loc's, zip locks in freezer, or fridge??
Dawg

Ziplocks are fine, I use a big old tupperware thing made for cereal or something. Just keep away from bright sunlight or high heat.
funny i have a giant Tupper ware bowl and lid I've used 4 times max in the last 20 years because it is to big unless you got 10 to 15 hungry little children, lol,, thank you. :h
Dawg

how do you store them, if i order 1,000 that will be a few years worth for me, just in zip loc's, zip locks in freezer, or fridge??
Dawg

I just close up the original bag - not air tight. (typically a tied knot)
Remember they are synthetic - what can go wrong with them ?

I keep them in a clean and damp free area and sanitize them prior to use.

Format:Book
Author:Taber, George M.
Title:To cork or not to cork : tradition, romance, science, and the battle for the wine bottle / George M. Taber.
Edition:1st Scribner hardcover ed.
Publisher, Date:New York : Scribner, 2007
Description:vii, 278 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Summary:Explores the controversy about corking and wine-bottle sealing that has spawned a heated debate throughout the oenological community, tracing the history of the cork while evaluating the merits and shortcomings of other seal contenders.
Subjects:Wine and wine making.
Cork -- History.
Bottle corks -- History.
Notes:Includes bibliographical references (p. 267-268) and index.
LCCN:2007299750
An interesting read.

Found this on the web - at thecarycompany.com. Not sure where they got this info.

"Nomacorc® closures are recommended for use within 6 months after production date and should be stored in a cool, dry location prior to use. Each bag of closures should be used directly after opening. "

"Nomacorc® closures are recommended for use within 6 months after production date and should be stored in a cool, dry location prior to use. Each bag of closures should be used directly after opening. "
Huh. I'm not following this best practice, as I like to keep a hundred or two ahead of production, as things crop up. So far I've had no problems, but time will tell.

yeah for a few years now i generally keep around 400#, of normacroc select 900's, 1 & 3/4" #9's
'. i keep mine in original bags or zip locks in a small cooler in my wine room, 400 usually last me better then a year, the reason i originally ask was because when the last are gone (250'ish) i am going to nomacroc green 300 reserva, um i think i know for sure the nomacroc reserva, which is 25 year rated but i can only find 1,000 lots of them . , i drink 1 to 2 glasses a day, drinking i have no problem with, but i am uncontrollably addicted to making wine, sooo i end up with more and more wine, beings i'm a old single man, my wine room is full, behind my recliners are full and i just gave some furniture to my niece, and her hubby needs to hurry and come for it, because i have started a stack down my living room wall, lol,,
i have another bedroom but it is full of my carpentry tools, I'm fixing to have a 48 foot shipping container up near my home to fill with my tools, that will give me another couple hundred square feet to store wine in that bedroom,,, I'd gave away a solid stock wood bedroom suit to my brother to make room for the tools,, UM did i mention that last January i came close to doubling my carboys, shoot sometimes i go days with out a sip of wine, but a empty carboy sends me into withdraw symptoms,,, if i remove a couple wine racks in my wine room i think i can fit between 6 to 8 more 6,gal carboys in my wine room,
there is nothing wrong with me 🤪 ,,,,,
Dawg,

Back