WineXpert Symphony Kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DriftlessDoc

Reaction score
Has anyone ever made this one? I ordered one from Adventures In Homebrewing, thinking I'd ordered on of the previous 18L kits as that is what was advertised on their site (both the picture and the description), but instead they sent me a 16L kit. The 18L kit was described to have a flavor pack, which doesnt really make sense to me if it's a dry white. I'm annoyed to say the least given I could have saved 40 bucks buying it SBH, but I guess that's my loss. If you've made it what did you think?

On another note, I just bottled a Luna Rossa I started only about 2 months ago and its incredibly drinkable even so young. The pacific quartet is also really good only a few months out.

Ahhh I meant from shb, Southernhomebrew. My phone autocorrected it, lol twice.

Last edited:
Yes, I bought the Symphony kit from Label Peelers last March for $98, including labels. Turned out great, so good that now it’s all gone, enjoyed by friends & family. I checked the Adventures in Homebrewing site and you are exactly right - very misleading, either on purpose or due to sloppy advertising.

Hope you enjoy “a Symphony of aromas and flavors.”

Yes, I bought the Symphony kit from Label Peelers last March for $98, including labels. Turned out great, so good that now it’s all gone, enjoyed by friends & family. I checked the Adventures in Homebrewing site and you are exactly right - very misleading, either on purpose or due to sloppy advertising.

Hope you enjoy “a Symphony of aromas and flavors.”
Did it come with a flavor pack? Mine did not.

No, no flavor pack. I don’t care for sweet wine, and Symphony fermented to a perfectly dry 0.992. I notice that AIH even shows a picture of an 18 liter kit with the Symphony label on it! May be mistaken, but was Symphony ever offered as an 18 liter kit?

No, no flavor pack. I don’t care for sweet wine, and Symphony fermented to a perfectly dry 0.992. I notice that AIH even shows a picture of an 18 liter kit with the Symphony label on it! May be mistaken, but was Symphony ever offered as an 18 liter kit?

I dunno. It was deceiving to say the least. Thanks for the info about the kit. This one didnt come with labels. Good to know its pretty much the same kit you had otherwise. In the primary it goes.

They don’t come with labels, but Label Peelers makes it easy to order kit matching labels with a click. My friends always comment on the colorful professional labels compared to my wimpy homemade printouts.

Thanks for replying to my post! I'm sure it will still come out pretty tasty. Have a great Sunday!

I've made symphony twice, it's a nice dry white with peach notes, I love it.

Symphony started as a limited edition WAY back in the early 2000s (or was it late 90s?), so there was once an 18L version. Sadly, there is only the 16L Selection now.

I love the wine personally, especially the Grenache Gris in the blend. One of my all-time favourite varietals for sure. To me, I find it not dissimilar to a Viognier, with a pleasant touch of peach to it. (And extremely aromatic!)

Symphony started as a limited edition WAY back in the early 2000s (or was it late 90s?), so there was once an 18L version. Sadly, there is only the 16L Selection now.

I love the wine personally, especially the Grenache Gris in the blend. One of my all-time favourite varietals for sure. To me, I find it not dissimilar to a Viognier, with a pleasant touch of peach to it. (And extremely aromatic!)

I used K1V-1116 yeast instead of the EC 1118 it came with and am controlling the ferment at 59-61 degrees, so it should come out with some decent aromatics! I'm excited to see how it turns out! Thanks for the insight!

Back