SWMBO likes it!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewPahl

Junior
Reaction score
My first two batches of home brews are nearing completion. I started with Ancient Orange Mead and Ed Wort's Apfelvein. The Applevein is starting to clear and tested gravity at 1.01, still some bubbles going on but will be done soon. Tasted a sample and it was pretty good. Instead of returning the contents from the wine thief back to the carboy decided to save it in a glass for SWMBO. Put it in the fridge to chill and waited for her to come home.

Just to let you know SWMBO has not been a great supporter of my new hobby. She groans about how much I have spent every time I go to the HBS. Last time I went I bought used bottles $6.95 a case x3 (nobody around here wants to give me their garbage!!) and some amylase at $1.95 for a batch of Banana I have going.

Well wife gets home to a cold glass of wine and I tell her its not done yet and it isn't quite clear but that will improve over the next few days.

She crinkled her nose and took a sip......

Oh my this isn't bad......took another (bigger) sip.......

I kind of like it!

and then drank the whole glass.

Maybe SWMBO will aprove the next time I go to the HBS!!

They never seem to approve of that but usually like the end result! Thank goodness for them we still love them!:h

its
She
Who
Must
Be
Obeyed

I had the same problem w/ my wife after I made 6 gal just for her.. NOW she and our daughter go thru 1-2 bottles a night and 3 if Im home per DAY.
So, I need to make my MAX allowed. That being 200 Gallons or 1,000 bottles a year.
OBSESSED ? Who said that??

obsession

I CAN TESTIFY THAT TOM HAS A TRUE OBSESSION TO MAKING WINE TRUE>:sm

Latest posts

Back