sweeten peach wine?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mersydo

Junior
Reaction score
i just uncorked my first ever batch of peach wine ( bottled august 2009 ). it seems ok, but has more "bite" to it than i think some of my seldom wine drinking friends might like. can i mellow it/sweeten it now by adding sugar-or something else. if so, let me know how much and what to do at this point. thanks much.

Well its already in the bottle so you have 2 choices

#1 make simple syrup add (measure) slowly in the bottle (after you drank some) till it tastes good

#2 pour back in bottling bucket and back sweeten (not recommended)

Next time you can make adjustments so its sweetened to you liking before bottling.

You can also let it age longer and see if the bite mellows out with a little more time. It's not fancy, but when no one is looking I have been know to sweeten mine by the glass just adding a bit of sugar to the glass.

Depending on what you mean by "Bite" you may try adding 4oz of glycerin at bottling.

What exactly does the glycerin do for a wine? I have seen that in some recipes but have no idea what it does to it.

Latest posts

Back