Sweet potato wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gird123,

Sorry for not responding sooner. I just got back from vacation and was not monitoring e-mails. I saw your post under fruit wines so I know you got started without any problems. As I mentioned, I do not use bananas so I am interested in your final results. Keep us posted.

e-wine

Wow, sweet potato wine is also there?? I have never heard of this wine, I think because I am not a regular, but glad to know that this and I am planning to find this and taste.

About 8 years later! Winemaking noob here.

I just started a gallon batch using the same recipe. The dark-colored sweet potatoes were on sale. Into the Cuisinart. Used grape concentrate in place of the raisins, added a little diastatic powder to help digest the carbs. The recipe didn't offer any yeast advice, so I went with basic D47.

The climate here in San Diego is very ahem, changeable. So I'm doing primary in my Instant Pot, sous vide setting at a steady 77 (the lowest it will go). About 12 hours in, there's yeast activity and I can smell that yummy alkeyhaulz.

Fingers crossed.

Back