Swap?

Discussion in 'Skeeter Pee' started by crabjoe, Feb 4, 2020.

Wine Making Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk by donating:

1. Feb 4, 2020 #1

crabjoe

crabjoe

crabjoe

This might sound crazy to some, but I'd like to swap a bottle of my SP with someone else.. I'm just wonderng how their's might taste because I think mine is awful! Awful because I feel it's too sweet... but it maybe my pallet of off because most everyone that tries it says it fine as is..

Anyone interested in doing a swap?

Thanks!

2. Feb 4, 2020 #2

cmason1957

cmason1957

cmason1957

CRS Sufferer WMT Supporter

I don't think I have any Skeeter Peter right now or I would figure out how to send you some marinade. I generally make at least a carboy or two every year of it. I haven't consumed any in probably 3 years, can't stand the stuff myself, feel sort of the same way about Dragons Blood wine, but there are folks in my wife's family who love the stuff, can't get enough of it and rave about it. I make it for them. Give me a good heavy bold dry red any day of the year.

3. Feb 5, 2020 #3

jking

jking

jking

Supporting Members WMT Supporter

I'll swap with you, Joe! Send me a PM with the details

crabjoe likes this.
  4. Feb 5, 2020 #4

sour_grapes

sour_grapes

sour_grapes

Victim of the Invasion of the Avatar Snatchers

Remember boys, don't use USPS! Instead, use UPS or FedEx, and, as Craig says, call it "steak marinade."

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    crabjoe and cmason1957 like this.
  5. Feb 5, 2020 #5

crabjoe

crabjoe

crabjoe

Thanks!

BTW, I sent a bottle off to a friend of mine as marinade and there ended up being truth to it.. She drank most of it then used some in her cooking.

6. Feb 10, 2020 #6

fsa46

fsa46

fsa46

Joe, I don't know what to say other then I like the SP I make so much I've made 20 gallons this Winter so far to have for the Summer.

In fact, the last batch I made I started off with 2 quarts of lemon juice I had from a batch of Limoncello I had made and that batch came out AWESOME.

There are a couple things I do different from Lons recipe. I use the 1118 yeast, I don't add the last bottle of juice until AFTER fermentation is complete, but still add the extra energizer and nutrient when the must gets to 1.05. I feel that adding the last bottle of juice after fermentation gives it more lemon flavor. I keep the temperature around 75+ degrees. I degas two times before clearing with Sparkolloid and it comes out crystal clear. I finely backsweeten to SG 1.018 to 1.02

I always drink this cold, on the rocks. Adding a wedge of lemon makes it even better yet.

I can understand some not liking SP but if your SP is coming out awful, something is wrong. Be sure everything is always clean and sanitized, including every time anything comes in contact with the must.

If yours is that bad ,I wouldn't want to swap. However, I will be willing to send you a bottle of mine. PM me your contact info.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
    crabjoe and NorCal like this.
  7. Feb 12, 2020 #7

fsa46

fsa46

fsa46

Joe, I sent you a PM requesting your contact info.

crabjoe likes this.

Draft saved Draft deleted