Susceptible Grapes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good Morning - This past weekend we planted 30 vines divided up between Marquette, Marechal Foch, Prairie Star, Frontenac Blanc, and Petite Ami. I was looking at getting some Captan and some Sulfur Fungicide for a spray program but then read somewhere that the sulfur may not be great for a couple of these varieties (forgot which ones). Does anyone see a problem or is there something else you would use in the program?

Thanks!

See the chart from Double A Vineyards for sulfur sensitivity on some varieties. All credit goes to them for this chart.
Do you get much black rot? If so Manzate or Dithane would be a better choice for early season instead of Captan as it is only slightly effective for black rot.

I see you are in Wisconsin. Last year was bad around here for black rot. I am around Madison. I use Captan later on but start out with the Manzate(mancozeb) for the first 2-3 times. Seems to work here for me. Grapeman is always spot on with this.

I use Rally and a couple other fungicides good for PM but they are commercial type sprays and expensive. Check around where you live and see what is used for PM.

Latest posts

Back