RJ Spagnols Super Tuscan Recommendations?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildvines

Reaction score
Hi guys.. I am just trying to figure out what will be my next kit that i would like to purchase. I am already making the WE Eclipse Pinot Noir, and WE Selections Cali Cab/merlot starting next week. I will have the WE LE Oregon Pinot Noir coming in march. But I been debating which would be my next red wine. We like wines like pinot noir, merlot, cabs, etc.

I am debating also about the Super Tuscan.
If anyone has any input between the RJS Winery series Super Tuscan vs EP Super Tuscan that would be wonderful.

Huge fan of the cellar craft Rosso fortissimo, one of my all time favourites .

I have a rjs ccws supertuscan in bottles that's about 9-10 months old.

I'll try a sample of the spagnols and report back tomorrow.

Hi guys.. I am just trying to figure out what will be my next kit that i would like to purchase. I am already making the WE Eclipse Pinot Noir, and WE Selections Cali Cab/merlot starting next week. I will have the WE LE Oregon Pinot Noir coming in march. But I been debating which would be my next red wine. We like wines like pinot noir, merlot, cabs, etc.

I am debating also about the Super Tuscan.
If anyone has any input between the RJS Winery series Super Tuscan vs EP Super Tuscan that would be wonderful.

Winery Series is top notch. I have made Winery Series each year for the last two years, this year made the EP as its new.

WS at over two years old, and just starting drinking and its very nice. WS at over a year old and will be the best of 8 high end kits l've made.

Just getting ready to put the EP in the barrel and I can't say which is better. They are both very good, I've only been doing this for 3 years, but as some of the "old timers" here will tell you, you can't beat the Winery Series ST kit, some may be as good, few if any are better.

I have made several batches of WS Super Tuscan and it is one of my favorite wines. I have not made the EP Super Tuscan. The only variety that I have made in both EP and WS is Zinfandel. I cannot taste a substantial difference between the two lines in the Zinfandel. If anything, I feel the WS is slightly better.

I'm a fan of Spagnols Winery Series ST, but it's the only one I've made.

My next one will probably be the Fortissimo or Bravissimo.

Bottled my first RJS WS Super Tuscan just this past Monday. Had a few ounces left over which I drank. Remember thinking something like... "not bad at all" and "looking forward to trying it again after some bottle aging'.

I have an EP super Tuscan that's been in a carboy for about 90 days. I'm hoping to bottle in the next few days but haven't tried it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

I don't think you can beat the RJ Spagnols Winery Series. I have made the Super Tuscan and the Merlot:dg

Just tested my 9 month old WS Super Tuscan. Not to bad , but it needs more time I think. I preferred the CellerCraft Rosso Fortissimo . To me the RF was more fruit forward. Will give the WS more time and see if it opens up a bit with age, it seemed very tight and closed at this point but I have had many kit wines that were so so at a year and fantastic at 2-3. Lucky for me I started this hobby in 2009 and have many hundreds of bottles all 2-3 years of age right now.

Just tested my 9 month old WS Super Tuscan. Not to bad , but it needs more time I think. I preferred the CellerCraft Rosso Fortissimo . To me the RF was more fruit forward. Will give the WS more time and see if it opens up a bit with age, it seemed very tight and closed at this point but I have had many kit wines that were so so at a year and fantastic at 2-3. Lucky for me I started this hobby in 2009 and have many hundreds of bottles all 2-3 years of age right now.

Lucky. I just started so it's a waiting game. But I do have cult wines to drink while I wait.

I have made several batches of WS Super Tuscan and it is one of my favorite wines. I have not made the EP Super Tuscan. The only variety that I have made in both EP and WS is Zinfandel. I cannot taste a substantial difference between the two lines in the Zinfandel. If anything, I feel the WS is slightly better.

There was an EP Zin? Damn wish they'd bring that back.

I have developed a man crush on Super Tuscans. My RJS WS Super Tuscan is very good, especially aromatic with notes of violets. I also enjoyed the RJS Cellar Classic Rosso Grande - a 15L kit without skins. It is by far the best non-skin kit I have ever made. My CC Showcase Rosso Fortissimo was very, very nice at bottling, but is only seven months old.

I just ordered the RJS WS Rosso Grande Eccelente and the Super Tuscan. I haven't made any of the EP kits thus far.

I loiked the RJS WS Super Tuscan way better then the Cellar Craft. I have not tried the EP but would love to. Anybody have a EP with some age on it that would be willing to trade for a WS that has about 3 years on it?

Wade - Oh I wish I could make that trade, but my EP Super Tuscan has been bulk aging about 4 months. I'm about to put in a bottle first chance I get so I can free up the carboy. I went a little nuts in the Black Friday and December specials so I have quite a few on deck.

I have only made the EP Tuscan.
But I am not disappointed !

Actually, wildvines, you might say we are making it very easy on you. Either the WS, EP, or Rosso Fortissimo will be great. You can't go wrong with any of them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Wine Making mobile app

Actually, wildvines, you might say we are making it very easy on you. Either the WS, EP, or Rosso Fortissimo will be great. You can't go wrong with any of them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Wine Making mobile app

No sir. Now I want to order all of them this week that's why making it hard on me. Lol But your right might just go with the WS

Latest posts

Back