Super kleer vs sparkolloid?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benchmstr

Reaction score
I am well versed in bentonite, sparkolloid, and even egg whites....I have no experience with super kleer.

I have a batch of blueberry wine about to go to secondary soon, so I'm gonna give this super kleer a try.

What kind of sediment does it leave behind? Loose like sparkolloid?

Any special advice besides follow the instructions? Lol

My wife got this stuff while picking me up some bottles and acid blend the other day because the packaging "looked neat"

The bench

SuperKleer (now called dualfine) tends to work much faster than Sparkolloid. I prefer it to Sparkolloid due to Sparkolloid can have sediment dropping for months after use. Dualfine is usually done within a week or two.

At least that is my experience.

I'm a fan of Super Kleer. I've been getting even quicker results than David with clearing finished in just a few days. During bulk aging of 1-3 months I may wind up with a little dusting at the bottom of the carboy - depends on the wine.

good stuff!

I have a batch of dragons blood that I back sweetened yesterday....think I could add the super kleer now for an extra polish before bottling?

the bench

I used super kleer on a pineapple coconut wine and in just two day it was almost completely clear. After filtering it, it looking amazing

Update!

Blueberry didn’t get started until later than expected..transferred to secondary today..I put in the super kleer at 1400...it’s not even midnight yet and there is already damn near an inch of sediment on the bottom...y’all told me it works fast..I never expected this! It’s so neat!

The bench

Latest posts

Back