Sunfresh in Pittsburgh

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Richmond

VINO412
Reaction score
We have been getting grapes from Consumer produce for many years but prices are getting ridiculous. Has anyone got grapes from sunfresh? they use Regina and was wondering how they compared to Colavita and Lanza grapes.
Thank you in advance for any input
Cheers,
Jim

I looked at CFP yesterday and they are around $60 per pail. They are closer to me but I guess I will drive up to the Luva Bella winery where I had been getting my juice. Still on the $50s there. Joe

I looked at CFP yesterday and they are around $60 per pail. They are closer to me but I guess I will drive up to the Luva Bella winery where I had been getting my juice. Still on the $50s there. Joe
I've placed an order with them. Do they provide any numbers like pH and total acids or do I have to check these myself?

I've placed an order with them. Do they provide any numbers like pH and total acids or do I have to check these myself?

If you ask them they will tell you that everything has been pre-balanced and you shouldn’t have to adjust anything.

Been a while, but there was a Sunseri’s in the strip that sold juice buckets. Not sure if they’re still around or not

Sunfresh was a little cheaper than Consumers last year but I still went with Consumers. I’ve used Regina grapes/juice in the past with mixed results. I’ve heard Regina sources their grapes from multiple independent vineyards from all over California, so quality can really vary, where Lanza owns all their own vineyards. Not sure if that’s b.s. or truth tho. I haven’t really looked into too much.

I’ve been patiently waiting to see grape prices this year. I know it’s getting out of hand expensive. I don’t know if they’re trying to price the home winemaker out of the market to cater to the wineries that seem to be popping up everywhere, if it’s just inflation, or something else. Whatever it is, it’s putting a damper on my wine making!

I have been using Sunfresh for several years now and Jay has always been good to me. I have friends that use CFP and are happy, but I agree that SF is a few dollars cheaper.

I might try some from both. We normally crush and press at the one guys house but I just scored a Berraducci bros press for $100 (been looking for 1 for years but not paying $350- $400) now i can press and experiment at home a little more.

Latest posts

Back