Summer Wines

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgmann67

Rennaisance Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every season, I pick a trashy girl, summertime, poolside wine for my wife and daughters... then wind up jacking up the ABV and mitigating the sweetness of the wine.

This year, I’m going to try something a little different - the RJS French Rose by the numbers... no tweakery, making it just as the instructions direct. (With a coupon, $95 with free delivery from Midwest).

Do you do the same thing - have a “go to” quick drinking summer wine? What’s your favorite and why?

I tend to make a few white and rose wines around this time of year. Have an Eclipse Riesling going now and have been looking for a decent Rose. In the past, I've also done a few mist-type kits for summer time consumption.

I tend to make a few white and rose wines around this time of year. Have an Eclipse Riesling going now and have been looking for a decent Rose. In the past, I've also done a few mist-type kits for summer time consumption.

RJS has two rose wines. The one I got and an EP Pinot rose. Both get honking good reviews. But, this one (which ferments dry) was cheaper.

RJS has two rose wines. The one I got and an EP Pinot rose. Both get honking good reviews. But, this one (which ferments dry) was cheaper.

I saw Midwest's kit prices and almost choked. But the cheaper one isn't terrible - especially if you take their 10% off coupon.

Oh, and check out my Guava post in the Country Wines forum. Might be too late to get one ready for this summer, but for something fruity and tropical, it turned out great - especially at under $20 for 3 gallons.

@Boatboy24 I'm thinking of doing this rose from Walkers: https://walkerswinejuice.com/shop/rose-blend/ It's $40+shipping for 5gallons.

@jgmann67 In the past I have made a few mist-type kits and kept the alcohol as designed by the manufacturer to make sangria. The best was a citrus sauvignon blanc that I made white sangria with. Keeping the alcohol of the wine standard allows all-day drinking or pepping it up with some grand marnier/lemoncello/other spirits for flavor and effectiveness.

Also made a blood orange sangria kit that was okay but not really as refreshing as the white one.

Back