Summer peach wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batch has been going a couple days covered with a cloth and it's working like crazy so high hopes. Bike is a 1978 FX that's been played with a bunch. 103 CI isn't much these days but 30 years ago it was a pretty good sized street motor and a total blast to ride stop light to stoplight.

Amandolin - Depending on when and how much Amylase/Pectic Enzyme etc you add the clearing could take a few months to a year. I had a peach take over a year clear BUT it was 100% peach.

Don't forget the Bentonite too. That and some Chitosan is what finally cleared my peach. after 14 months. Worth the wait though.

I had a 98 Dyna wide glyde. Bought her new. Rode to Sturgis several times on her. Turned out to be a sweet ride. I upgraded the ignition , put a high lift cam in and bought a single seat for it. (Wife never did like it anyway.) Ride safe . keep the rubber side down and stay between the fences.

I had a 98 Dyna wide glyde. Bought her new. Rode to Sturgis several times on her. Turned out to be a sweet ride. I upgraded the ignition , put a high lift cam in and bought a single seat for it. (Wife never did like it anyway.) Ride safe . keep the rubber side down and stay between the fences.

how did the peach turn out?

I know this is an old thread, just want to throw in my experience.

I make my grandfather's peach wine and the recipe is very similar. Except for the amount of peaches. Try scaling it back to a quart of ripe peaches halved(about 3-4 lbs). The flavor is very peachy. Not sure it could get more peachy honestly. Its easier for the pectic enzymes to break down fewer peaches rendering as much flavor as 20 lbs. Benefit is much quicker clarifying time without the extra remnants.

I wash, halve and pit the peaches, then squeeze them in my hand to break them up a little and throw in a bag. After primary fermentation I remove the bags allowing them to drain(don't squeeze) for a few minutes then rack for secondary. After all secondary fermentation is done I allow it to sit 2 more weeks to settle then bottle. It's 99% clear usually at that point.

Technically both of our recipes are just a sugar wash wine (Kilju) with fruit added for flavor.

Rack on!

Latest posts

Back