Summer Fungiside Spray for Marquette and Marechal Foch

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting back to this thread to report on the harvesting of the Marquette. I have 7 vines on their 4th year. This is the first year I was diligent on the Spray program and the 1st year there were any grapes worth picking

I have been watching the brix. I would pick 6 or so grapes from random bunches, and the day I harvested, they ranged from 20 to 26. I was getting a little concerned, seeing flies eating in the grapes and some bunches with shriveled grapes. See attached picture. So I went ahead and picked them. Got 17 lbs from the seven vines. I think it would have had more of we hadn't had the hard freeze in May this year. From what I have read, should be getting around 6lbs per vine. Hopefully next year will be better. Probably should have waited a while longer before picking, but was concerned about losing more grapes and rain that was predicted over the next couple of weeks. I will be lucky to get a gallon of wine out of it.

After destemming and crushing
Brix from refractometer = 23.9
pH=3.0
TA=13.8

The must has been fermenting on RC-212 yeast for 4 days. Guessing I will need to do some acid correction later.

Planning on doing malalactic fermentation with Whitelabs WLP675 and cold stabilization. Open to suggestions.

Can someone identify what is going on with the shriveled up grapes?
I had the same disease, but not so much. I think anthracnose. I Definitely need to do a better job early in the season with my spray program.

Latest posts

Back