Quantcast

suggestions for storing wine making equipment?

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

DanL

Junior
Reaction score
I'm currently using a french cleat system (that can be expanded) and some Ikea cabinets for storing wine making equipment. I'd welcome any suggestions for improvements. I have a separate wine storage area.
In the wine making room, I have a counter for fermenting, mixing, racking, etc. I also have a wood cabinet for storing filtering equipment, rags, misc. equipment

crushday

Grape juice artisan
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm currently using a french cleat system (that can be expanded) and some Ikea cabinets for storing wine making equipment. I'd welcome any suggestions for improvements. I have a separate wine storage area.
In the wine making room, I have a counter for fermenting, mixing, racking, etc. I also have a wood cabinet for storing filtering equipment, rags, misc. equipment
Can you post some pics?

DanL

Junior
Reaction score
One picture shows a V-Vessel and some tools another shows a French cleat with some transfer hoses and the 3rd show the wine making counter with a sink. I've got some other items I'd like to hang too but I'm looking for ideas from smarter people :h

Attachments

FTC Wines

WMT Supporter
Reaction score
DanL, your storage area is very similar to ours. Neat, clean and organized. The only other thing we have is a 5 gal bucket with lid. In the bottom is an open container of K-meta above are our wine thief, mesh strainers, extra air locks, bottling & racking stuff etc. Keeps things sterile and ready for immediate use. Roy

DanL

Junior
Reaction score
DanL, your storage area is very similar to ours. Neat, clean and organized. The only other thing we have is a 5 gal bucket with lid. In the bottom is an open container of K-meta above are our wine thief, mesh strainers, extra air locks, bottling & racking stuff etc. Keeps things sterile and ready for immediate use. Roy
Roy, How do you store your wine thief, hoses, racking, etc? I'm looking for any ideas for those items that you can't store in draws.

FTC Wines

WMT Supporter
Reaction score
Dan, Most of that I store in my sterile bucket. I used to keep hoses in the bucket but after a long period of time the hoses get”gooie “. I now rinse out hoses, run K-meta thru them, coil them up and spritz again with K -meta and hang on a peg. Roy

Tom Martin

Reaction score
I use these storage bins I picked up at Walmart. They are 24" long so they fit most everything
Storage Bins.jpg

DanL

Junior
Reaction score
thanks Tom, I've been using some of those too but was something little more "fancy" / organized

Latest posts