Suggestions for 6 yr old cider

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dizzy

Reaction score
So I was cleaning out this space we will use for our projects. The bf used to make ciders and meads, tho took a break the last few years.
He has 2 carboys full of cider from 2014 (!). Just sitting there...he said he sampled a few times and it was meh, and then he just lost interest in brewing and got into other interests.

I'm the main one who is interested in brewing right now (since I don't know any better yet, lol) and it seems like mostly he is guiding me through the process (wine making to start) - especially checking my sanitation habits! - but letting me do my thing.
If I can come up with a plan I'm sure he will let me do something with it. I would like to, as he already put a good deal of effort in. Also! I want that space lol.
What is a good suggestion here for this stuff? I've tried to do a little research but yeah, not much info on super old cider that's not bottled yet.

So I was cleaning out this space we will use for our projects. The bf used to make ciders and meads, tho took a break the last few years.
He has 2 carboys full of cider from 2014 (!). Just sitting there...he said he sampled a few times and it was meh, and then he just lost interest in brewing and got into other interests.

I'm the main one who is interested in brewing right now (since I don't know any better yet, lol) and it seems like mostly he is guiding me through the process (wine making to start) - especially checking my sanitation habits! - but letting me do my thing.
If I can come up with a plan I'm sure he will let me do something with it. I would like to, as he already put a good deal of effort in. Also! I want that space lol.
What is a good suggestion here for this stuff? I've tried to do a little research but yeah, not much info on super old cider that's not bottled yet.
if good, run SG to your liking,,, um as for my case please sugar up to FSG to 1.040 then send to me,, :i
Dawg

Latest posts

Back