Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'll give suggestions here and there. Please take them with a grain of salt. Not trying to impose or anything just mere suggestions, so please don't take them as requests or anything.

Calculators and Conversion links and Links to these sites and date codes for the kits! ... The threads in these might be better suited as Stickies in the appropriate forums instead of having these as forums to house a couple threads.

cpfan

Reaction score
date codes for the kits! ... The threads in these might be better suited as Stickies in the appropriate forums instead of having these as forums to house a couple threads.
Good idea, but you're a little late with this one. Wade already has a section for this with Vineco, WE, RJS, and Cellar Craft date code info.

Steve :D

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
That is a good idea with the stickys, Ill work on that as I have never done a sticky so bare with me. Thanks for the tip.

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
I was transfereing some wine earlier and spilled a bunch, not alot, but enough to make a sticky. All over my counter , my shirt and I seen one of the cats run,:h Success comes in many ways.
Troy

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
Why a sticky and not an announcement

I seen smurfe put a sticky in here about something and now I don't see it. So if these links were listed as stickies where would I find them. I agree, perhaps something like the conversion calculators shouldn't be listed as a "forumn" but how do they stay available aas a reference tool?
Troy

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
Im pretty sure you can list something as permenant or with an expiring date of whih you chose. I think Im going to leave the conversions and Cl alone but work on moving codes and stuff to each individual manufacturere like TXBrew suggested and I do believe CPFan suggested to but i was way to busy and really had no idea of how to do it at that time.

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
Must have spilled some on Wade and the rest of the forum, there are stickies all over the place.

smurfe

Reaction score
You can make a Sticky thread permanent or for a certain amount of time. It can be "Un-Stickied" as well where it will drop down the post list by the date of the last post in the thread. So, if something is a sticky and there have been no posts in the thread for a month. If I un-sticky it it will drop to the date order in the thread list.

Just please bear with Wade as he learns this forum software. I am helping him as much as I can. I think he is doing a great job learning. I dropped myself as a Mod on two other forums so I can dedicate more time here. Wade and me go back a ways on another forum together so I would much rather work with someone I know.

I actually have a lot of experience in the back end of this program and since I can access it now we are doing our best to get things organized. The EMS forum I closed recently used this software but it was an older version so there are things here that I am learning as well. Just bear with us. Some ideas will hopefully be good as I am sure some will be bonehead. Please feel free to put suggestions here so we know what is working and what isn't. This place is for you and we want it to be the best and most informative. Please consider though what you may not like others will love.

Thanks

Steve

St Allie

Tech Administrator
Reaction score
I think every articulated response is appreciated..

local New Zealand comment from me

'If no one died..we're winning...'

I'm also learning the software here.. I can't seem to find the button that prevents Troy from tattooing me on his forearm..

there is one isn't there Steve?

( someone help me please!)

Allie

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
"I can't seem to find the button that prevents Troy from tattooing me on his forearm..

:f

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
It could be worse

I lived in Ninilchik, Ak about 20 yrs ago when this tattoo was done. Everyone in the village called me the Smurf, because I always wore my blue stocking cap pulled close to my eyebrows. My friend Buddy who does tats was gonna do me a Smurf the next weekend, but was called to work. If he hadn't of left town, I would have a Smurf to show you as well, and THAT would have been even more funny than just CP!!!!:b
Troy

Madriver Wines

Reaction score
Could be worse

"I can't seem to find the button that prevents Troy from tattooing me on his forearm..

:f
At least it is on his forearm lol.:f