Suggestion on how to print strip labels

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My local supply store had $5 BOGO labels in a 30 pack. Now I am wondering if I have to hand write my labels or does anyone have experience putting strips through a laser printer. Maybe I will separate the labels and print like a letter.

4335B70B-B755-4FE1-BD36-D23AD4F7BD5D.jpeg

depends on how hot that laser printer gets. Is the surface really glossy or more matte ?
the biggest problem is laser printers use heat to set the toner. If the adhesive gets too hot it might separate from the backing

depends on how hot that laser printer gets. Is the surface really glossy or more matte ?
the biggest problem is laser printers use heat to set the toner. If the adhesive gets too hot it might separate from the backing
If the labels are not designed for laser printers, I'd pass. It's much cheaper to buy different media than to buy another printer.

There is a waxy backing paper like on most stickers. Probably silicone coated. The labels were an impulse buy. I imagine they were never intended to run through a printer. It was just an idea. I’d probably spend more time fixing the laser printer than handwriting the labels.

If your handwriting or printing is neat; alternatively find a family member(s)/friend(s) with great handwriting or calligraphy skills to hand print. It might be a fun wine party until too many glasses were poured.

OR! If the wine will be gifts, let the recipients make their own labels. Custom labels are all the rage and you have the kit ready made.

Latest posts

Back