Sugarcane Juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what my end product will be if i make a 1 gallon batch of sugarcane juice with yeast, and an airlock. And of course I would ensure everything is cleaned, sanitized, etc. Will it produce anything?

Can anyone tell me what my end product will be if i make a 1 gallon batch of sugarcane juice with yeast, and an airlock. And of course I would ensure everything is cleaned, sanitized, etc. Will it produce anything?

it will produce alcohol, the quantity of alcohol will depend upon how much sugar is present when you start. Likely, you’ll taste nothing but alcohol, and it won’t be tasty at all.

It should be good for topping off other wines. Will keep the alcohol level up and should not affect the flavor. Arne.

I'm seeing anything from 12-16% sugar to 73 grams per 100 gram serving. Depending on the actual sugar content you might get something wine like. I just don't know how much the other 'stuff' in it would impact the overall flavor profile.

I would think this is more applicable as a distilling base than as a wine. Unless you use it as a base for fruit or other flavored country wines.
When I have tasted sugar cane juice, there was no real flavor, other than a generalized 'fuller than sugar water' taste.

Back