RJ Spagnols sugar content of orchard breeze sangria

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

overpinot

Junior
Reaction score
I just started an Orchard Breezin' Mist Sangria (Seville Orange Sangria). I've never made a mist wine before, but have tasted some and know they can be very sweet. I'd like this one to turn out fairly close (in sweetness) to the commercial sangrias available, such as Carlo Rossi or Real Sangria. This kit includes an orange "finishing blend" sweetening pack which is supposed to be added when stabilizing and clearing. My question is whether i should add all, some or any of this finishing blend or if it will make it too sweet? If I don't add all, should I modify any of the other ingredients since the sugar (and whatever else is in the finishing blend) won't be in there?
Also, with these type wines, can they be consumed immediately upon bottling, or do they need to age at least a month?

Thanks for all input.

In bottle: WE Australian Chardonnay
In secondary: WE Chilean Pinot Noir
In secondary: Cellar Classic Chianti

overpinot:

I have not made this kit, but have made numerous mist kits, including many of the other OB products.

The pouch is a flavouring/sweetening blend. If you leave all of it out you will probably have a very bland plain low alcohol wine. Personally, I recommend adding all of the pouch, thus you get all of the flavour provided. The real question is how sweet do you want the wine. You could add part of the pouch into the primary, and then the rest with the additives.

Generally speaking, it is best to make it by the instructions first time out. It may be perfect for you. Sunsequent kits can then be adjusted witht some level of knowledge.

Steve

Latest posts

Back