Quantcast

Subdivision

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

Omerta

Reaction score
How about subdividing the regions section (at least North America for now) Northeast, Southeast, Midwest, etc.? Just a suggestion. It might make it easier for the folks in those areas to get together or share resources and such.

cpfan

Reaction score
Um, no posts in the Americas section at all. Personally I'd be dropping it, not increasing it.

Omerta

Reaction score
I think most people would be more likely to post/look for a "wine club" type thread in a more specific regional section than in the "Americas". I live nowhere near Cape Horn.

cpfan

Reaction score
At winepress.us, which is a hugely active forum, the regions are sub-divided, and still get very little chatter. the area for Ontario Canada has 6 threads, and the last post was Dec 5th.

Steve

wingnutooa

Jack of all Daniels
Reaction score
this forum is WAY too small for that kind of division.

the NAXJA jeep cherokee forum is about the biggest forum i've personally seen that has regional chapters.

the northwest chapter gets less than 50 posts a day.

thats not much for a forum with over 45,000 members.

some things just arent possible on certain forums.

the only way around problems like that is to increase traffic.

some forums get lucky and some dont.

i'm sure the guys that created naxja had no idea it would explode into what it is.

i'm sure there were numerous wine making forums launched at the same time as this one. its a crap shoot as to who survives. there's no way to guess or predict. traffic draws more traffic.

its not survival of the fittest or who has the best graffics.

you're just subject to fate.

if you want a regional wine enthusiast site i'd do a google search.

i wouldn't stop coming here by any means but there's no reason you cant visit a few forums at the same time.

I myself frequent this forum and also brewersroundtable. and the only reason for that is a google search led me there for a topic i was interested in.

happy hunting.

TheTooth

Reaction score
I agree with Steve. I can't even imagine what I would ever post there. Physical regions are basically pretty useless in an online forum.

Omerta

Reaction score
Wow. Okay. Okay. Never mind :D I'm use to the Ducati forums. But thats a different Monster. Dead thread.

Last edited:

Omerta

Reaction score
for those in the know.... pun intended ;)

TheTooth

Reaction score
Wow. Okay. Okay. Never mind :D I'm use to the Ducati forums. But thats a different Monster. Dead thread.
That makes sense on the Ducati forums. I'm sure you use those regional threads for setting up group rides and meets.

Omerta

Reaction score
Yup! That's the idea. Thought that would be a good idea for setting up regional "wine meets". But, I guess its just as easy to set that up under one of the other sections. This is a smaller group of people which I find a little more comforting. You can get to know the "wise ones" better and there's no
wise asses and best of all the information and advice is top notch.

Omerta

Reaction score
Well, no one has given me a load of shit yet (and no I'm not asking for any :)) for being that annoying new guy that asks such noob questions. I really do appreciate all the help.

cpfan/Tooth: I'd be a bit lost without the help. Many thanks!

I noticed that all the books pretty much repeat the same info just written slightly different in each. Keeping up on the forums is basically the best way to be schooled in the craft. DIY style at least.

Latest posts