Sub Fermaid K for yeast nutrient?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh. And just to mess things up a little more… I was dumping in the lemonade and it was red so I thought it was pink lemonade. After it’s all in the bucket I can smell strawberry! Sure enough, it was strawberry lemonade… not paying attention at the store much? Oh well, I like strawberry lemonade. Hope it turns out OK.

I think you will be fine using Fermaid K and you will like the strawberry lemonade. Plain yeast nutrient is DAP and Fremaid K is DAP plus loads of other "stuff". Wine Yeast Nutrients | MoreWine
Rice_Guy can give you a better chemical breakdown.

I've made the recipe with limeade and folks on another forum make all kinds of variations. Full Hard Lemonade recipe

I predict you will drink this so fast you will be making more before Memorial Day!

I think you will be fine using Fermaid K and you will like the strawberry lemonade. Plain yeast nutrient is DAP and Fremaid K is DAP plus loads of other "stuff". Wine Yeast Nutrients | MoreWine
Rice_Guy can give you a better chemical breakdown.

I've made the recipe with limeade and folks on another forum make all kinds of variations. Full Hard Lemonade recipe

I predict you will drink this so fast you will be making more before Memorial Day!
Thanks. I’ll add some of the Fermaid K and pitch the yeast this morning.

And thanks for the recipe. I’m hoping the malt extract adds some body.

If you like Mike's hard lemonades and kin, you will like this better. No aging required.

Latest posts

Back