Sub Fermaid K for yeast nutrient?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

ChuckD

Supporting Members
Reaction score
Oh. And just to mess things up a little more… I was dumping in the lemonade and it was red so I thought it was pink lemonade. After it’s all in the bucket I can smell strawberry! Sure enough, it was strawberry lemonade… not paying attention at the store much? Oh well, I like strawberry lemonade. Hope it turns out OK.

VinesnBines

Reaction score
I think you will be fine using Fermaid K and you will like the strawberry lemonade. Plain yeast nutrient is DAP and Fremaid K is DAP plus loads of other "stuff". Wine Yeast Nutrients | MoreWine
Rice_Guy can give you a better chemical breakdown.

I've made the recipe with limeade and folks on another forum make all kinds of variations. Full Hard Lemonade recipe

I predict you will drink this so fast you will be making more before Memorial Day!

ChuckD

Supporting Members
Reaction score
I think you will be fine using Fermaid K and you will like the strawberry lemonade. Plain yeast nutrient is DAP and Fremaid K is DAP plus loads of other "stuff". Wine Yeast Nutrients | MoreWine
Rice_Guy can give you a better chemical breakdown.

I've made the recipe with limeade and folks on another forum make all kinds of variations. Full Hard Lemonade recipe

I predict you will drink this so fast you will be making more before Memorial Day!
Thanks. I’ll add some of the Fermaid K and pitch the yeast this morning.

And thanks for the recipe. I’m hoping the malt extract adds some body.

Latest posts