Stupid or brilliant?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like to just sleep in my skivvies....

:eek:

(Good luck getting that picture out of your head).

I was able to. But I will bill you for the quantity of brain bleach I had to purchase.

truck-tank-for-hauling-diesel-exhaust-fluid.jpg

You're all but done now! One significant task remains: deciding what bottle you're going to pop in celebration tomorrow.

Already ahead of you my friend! It will be either a Stag's Leap or a Chateau Montelena Cabernet.

Saturday, I am going to a gathering for "Pre-Briggs". Briggs is a 4 day blues festival that we camp at and we meet every year before the event to make plans. I will bring the Stags Leap to that.

Sunday, my brother (father of 7) is having a Father's day lobster fest. I will bring the Montelena to that (along with a bottle of Riesling (a 2 time gold medalist).

Unfortunately, on Friday, I am alone making potato salad for both events. My tater salad is the best I have ever tasted and it seems people agree with me. All summer long folks put in their requests for it.

Being alone, I think that I will just rip the cork out of my 2015 barrel reserve and sit out on the deck and enjoy the low stress quiet (after chores are done of course). Rather yummy.

Last edited by a moderator:
JohnT I am sorry to chime in late but.... CONGRATS!!!!!!!! sounds like you will be living my dream! except I want to move to Savannah/Hilton Head area. I love the Beach.

Well congrats on moving on to your next chapter. 20 years in IT and I'm actively planning my escape. Good to see someone made it over the fence.

I got home, cracked a bottle of brunello, grilled a perfect burger, then spent the evening out on my deck.

At one point, I did what I always do. I began planning my weekend time so that I could get all I needed done before Monday.

Then it hit me. There are no more Mondays!

It was then that I just wanted to dance.

A fellow could get used to this!

I got home, cracked a bottle of brunello, grilled a perfect burger, then spent the evening out on my deck.

At one point, I did what I always do. I began planning my weekend time so that I could get all I needed done before Monday.

Then it hit me. There are no more Mondays!

It was then that I just wanted to dance.

A fellow could get used to this!
I remember my first morning of early retirement - I just couldn't stop smiling

Latest posts

Back