Stuck?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maheesh

Reaction score
think my Pinot Gris may be stuck at101.8, started at 1.11, ba11 yeast, ferm temp 65….maybe raise temp to 70? Or just wait?

It's not clear what you measurements are -- did you mean the original SG was 1.110 and it appears stuck at 1.018? Please use 3 digits to the right of the decimal to ensure clarity.

How long has the wine been fermenting, and how long does it appear to be stuck? Are you stirring the wine at least once per day?

yes that’s what I meant…. I have been stirring twice daily for the last few days…sg hasn’t moved for two days , has been fermenting twenty days.

BA-11 is rated for 16% ABV and you started with a high SG. It's entirely possible the yeast has reached it's maximum. Can you get EC-1118? If so, make a starter with that and inoculate.

I read in an older post that champagne yeast has a higher ABV tolerance and has been used to push a stuck fermentation to completion. Not a bad idea to have a package in inventory as an insurance policy in the event

I read in an older post that champagne yeast has a higher ABV tolerance and has been used to push a stuck fermentation to completion. Not a bad idea to have a package in inventory as an insurance policy in the event
That is correct, historically champagne yeast strains have a high alcohol tolerance. Note that EC-1118 is a champagne yeast.

Latest posts

Back