Stuck

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omerta

Reaction score
My one Cab has been stuck at 1.001 for a week. I've added Energizer and Nutrient and stirred about a week ago. Temp has been 72-74. It was racked to a secondary two weeks ago. Any suggestions? Should I just sorbate, sulfite and clear?

It tastes pretty damn good. But, I feel like I can notice the sweetness.

When did you start this pail? If it is less than 2 weeks old, rack it, sulfite it, and let it bulk age for a while. You will probably lose that .001.

It may taste sweet to you but you are tasting the fruitiness. I highly doubt you can taste .001 of sugar.

Did you add oak to this wine?

started this pail on 12/29 at 1.092 OG
racked to secondary on 01/04 at 1.005
checked SG on 01/13 - 1.001 - added 1tsp on Nutrient and 1tsp of Energizer
checked SG on 01/18 - 1.001
I added a cup of Medium American Oak at the beginning.

I dont think with all youve done it will drop any lower. You dont need sorbate if not swetening but it does have antimicrobial properties so I always do. Make sure you sulfite it first!

would the sorbate add to the fruitiness? If so what can I do to protect the wine and keep it as dry as possible?

Sobate just prevents re-fermentation, it will not add any taste unless you over do it and that will not be a desireable tatse.

Latest posts

Back