WineXpert stuck specific gravity

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What did your sg start at and what yeast did you use?

Have you tried restarting fermentation by making a strong starter about two cups worth. After if it's going add two cups of your wine, if it starts fermenting, in about 4 hours add 4 cups, repeat every 4 to 8 hours, you double the amount of wine you add each time.

If you haven't maxed out your yeast alcohol capability, then adding kmeta and k sorbate are indicated prior to bottling.

It started at 1.065 and i used 1118 yeast. it started and worked off down to 1.005 and it will not go down below 1. Ive made a starter pack with yeast nutrient and a half pack of the same yeast. Still stuck.

It started at 1.065 and i used 1118 yeast. it started and worked off down to 1.005 and it will not go down below 1. Ive made a starter pack with yeast nutrient and a half pack of the same yeast. Still stuck.

More than likely your ph was not in the best range for wine yeast. Either below 2.8 or above 4.2. If it were mine, I would add the kmeta and sorbate and bootie it, probably. And plan to drink it rather quickly the abv of this is only about 8%.

Back