stuck fermentation?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxplod

Needs intervention!
Reaction score
hi i have mixed up a 2 gal batch of strawbeery/orange wine used aprox 6 pints of strawbeerys and two oranges peel incld,3 quarts of white grape juice and 6 cups of sugar one pct of Pasteur Champagne yeast in a tightly sealed tub with an airlock its been 4 days and nothing but some condesation at the airlock its been kept warm by a heat lamp under my cabnet what have i done wrong? {i know i still dont have a HYDROMETER!}
got one comming soon tho.

Have you been stirring it? Without a Hydrometer it's hard to know as it can still be working and not bubbling. I say just re-pitch your yeast, a starter would be best. How did you add the yeast?

i let my yeast rehydrate in a small amount of warm water for aprox 30 mins then stired it in

yes a bit --not like the bakers yeast i used in my hard cider tho.

oh and this is my first try with fresh fruit every thing else=aprox 8 gals was from juice. they all seam to be doing gr8 so far.:u

probably too much sugar but you wouldnt know that without a hydrometer! I would stop trying until you get this hydrometer as your throwing away money.

At last

well i stired the crap out of it put a handfull of rasins and sugar in it and added some more yeast, and wahlah! :r its bubbleing like crazy now LOL i just hope it turns out drinkable .:b thanks for your help.

Back