"Stuck Fermentation" Not !

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bakervinyard

Reaction score
I started a Chilean Pinot Noir juice bucket back in May. I also added a lug of Pinot Noir grapes to the primary. I checked the P.H., Acid and S.G.and brought it to room temp. Pitched my yeast (rc212) and monitered the temp and kept checking the S.G. every other day. I added yeast nutrient and stirred and squeezed the grapes daily. Well it got stuck at 1.010. I gave it a week or so to see what happened, nothing ! I made a yeast starter and pited it when it was ready, still nothing. Monitered daily for a few days, nothing! I tasted the must and it wasn't bad, pinot bouquet sligtly sweet. I can live with it. Went ahead and added my opti malo and my mlf culture. Kept an eye on it and it was doing ok. I went on vacation for 2 weeks the middle of July. When I got home I checked all my wines and noticed tiny bubbles coming up to the neck of the carboy. Thought the MLF was chugging along. This was going on for 3-4 days. I decided to check the S.G. today. Guess what ? 1.006It restarted fermentation on its own. I'll let it run it's course. Bakervinyard

Latest posts

Back