strawberry

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would probably have more going if I had more carboys 😅 I had one with a chip recently that I had to throw out and haven't replaced it yet. I will love to have at least 3 more but our budget is tight right now.
when you get built up homebrewohio.com sell premiums italian 6 gal carboys as long as the order is $149 or more then free shipping, i understand, i spent 2 years buying my equipment then 2 more making wine before i started here, the last two years i spent in hospital or most of it, my wines had set on gross lees for 2 years, i was going to pour it out, 2@-6's blackberry, 2#-6's strawberry, and 1#-6 caryboy and 2 gallons of pear/apple blend, i got with these people,,they helped me, turned out killer good wine,,, i've saved for awhile and just bought another 11 carboys, i've built up to 24 carboys,, 2-6&1/2,,, 1-3,,, 2-5's the rest 6's,, my budget stays tight I'm disabled,
dawg

Dawg, I purchased 8 oz. of fruit purees @ Labelpeelers for $14.81 per jar..........................Dizzy
you ever get a chance at home winery you can call in and get a half gallon and a pint, for a 6 gallon carboy, i buy 3 half gallons of concentrate to make 13 to 13&1/2 to make 2#-6's plus a gallon to a gallon and a half for topping up, are you making gallons,? if so 8 oz probably is great,,,
dawg

when you get built up homebrewohio.com sell premiums italian 6 gal carboys as long as the order is $149 or more then free shipping, i understand, i spent 2 years buying my equipment then 2 more making wine before i started here, the last two years i spent in hospital or most of it, my wines had set on gross lees for 2 years, i was going to pour it out, 2@-6's blackberry, 2#-6's strawberry, and 1#-6 caryboy and 2 gallons of pear/apple blend, i got with these people,,they helped me, turned out killer good wine,,, i've saved for awhile and just bought another 11 carboys, i've built up to 24 carboys,, 2-6&1/2,,, 1-3,,, 2-5's the rest 6's,, my budget stays tight I'm disabled,
dawg
I'm sorry to hear about your health problems 😢. I hope you are doing better.

I'm jealous of your carboy inventory! We have a general store in a nearby town that sometimes has 6.5 gallon carboys in the $40 range. I need to get in to see if they've got them but because of Covid-19 I haven't been making any unnecessary trips to stores. Not that I don't think another carboy is a necessity...lol...but it's something that can wait.

I do a lot wine kits that are ready in 4-6 weeks that we start drinking almost immediately. I don't have a discriminating enough palate to tell if they get better with age 😅 The rest of my batches are Dragon Bloods and they are good to drink almost right away. I do prefer the younger ones in that variety but I have some friends that prefer the ones aged for a year or more. The problem is that I don't have the patience to make wines that take a couple years before they are ready to drink 🤣🤣🤣. Oh, and the fact that during our weekly Wine Wednesday get togethers we can drink several bottles!

You've got quite

You've got quite a line of carboys and wines there! I thought I was busy with the four batches I have going right now 😅 I am currently working on a huckleberry Dragon Blood and then I have 3 Island Mist kit wines going...Blood Orange Sangria, Mango Citrus and Peach Raspberry Lemonade. In the last couple weeks, I've finished a from scratch Mojito, a kit Raspberry Mojito and a kit Bahama Mama. I think my next ones will be a mixed grape Dragon Blood and a kit pink Moscato. It's a bit of an addiction, isn't it?!

a bit of addiction?,, making it has become a obsession to say the least,,, funny , i don't drink much at all, but totally obsessed with what else can i make taste good, and from the start i always make 2#-6-gal carboys, of any experiment at least,,, i guess i just ain't right in the head, that lemonade and sangria sounds mighty interesting,,,
Dawg

I'm sorry to hear about your health problems 😢. I hope you are doing better.

I'm jealous of your carboy inventory! We have a general store in a nearby town that sometimes has 6.5 gallon carboys in the $40 range. I need to get in to see if they've got them but because of Covid-19 I haven't been making any unnecessary trips to stores. Not that I don't think another carboy is a necessity...lol...but it's something that can wait.

I do a lot wine kits that are ready in 4-6 weeks that we start drinking almost immediately. I don't have a discriminating enough palate to tell if they get better with age 😅 The rest of my batches are Dragon Bloods and they are good to drink almost right away. I do prefer the younger ones in that variety but I have some friends that prefer the ones aged for a year or more. The problem is that I don't have the patience to make wines that take a couple years before they are ready to drink 🤣🤣🤣. Oh, and the fact that during our weekly Wine Wednesday get togethers we can drink several bottles!
where i live everything but the fruits and berries must be ordered online, the town i live closest to is all the way up to well over 600 people, and not a traffic light for close to 18 miles,,, but as i deteriorate i have started buying some fruits and berries, i have around 30 black elderberry bushes, peach trees, pear trees, and blackberry briar patches everywhere and a neighbor with apples and pears, but it is very enjoyable to take something and make something else,
Dawg

as for my health i can not complain,, the lord has allowed me a good life, and here yet i still get to enjoy tinkering with my country wines,
thank you for asking,
Richard

Yea I guess so...............your too busy ...................

me to busy, naw i'm lazy, lol,, i have trouble understanding these young people now-a-days,,, oh and at the same time i'm doing my wine thing , i'm training a new mule, and gathering eggs from better then 40 chickens, i supply my neighbors with eggs, and i get pears and apples, banana bread, peach cobbler,,,
Dawg

Yea I guess so...............your too busy ...................
you know what's funny,?
it is i'm lucky to drink a case or two a year, but i love making wine,,, today on training my young mule i put a headstall on her and for the first time ever i put a logging/farming collar on her, she never flinched, i hitched her to the barn wall and 4 hours later took it all off, again nar a flinch,, she should be pulling a buggy in about a month, i'm retiring my team, for them to just eat sleep and beg for treats, they got another 10 years in them, but i won't sell them, to afraid someone might be ruff with them, and nobody gets ruff with my babies,
Dawg

dawg
Dawg, Homebrewohio now has free shipping on orders over $50. I bought two 5 gallon Italian carboys just last week. NO shipping charges.............Dizzy

Dawg, Homebrewohio now has free shipping on orders over $50. I bought two 5 gallon Italian carboys just last week. NO shipping charges.............Dizzy
you feel how heavy thy are, plus fedex broke one it was close to 1/4 thick. so fedex broke the replacement, so i called customer service ans told them that at other places added styrofoam corners and a slightly larger second box over the other box and styrofoam corners and the third carboy sde it just fine, so the new premium carbos are thicker and heavier then y other italian carboys, i'm glad i bout 11 of them, all 6's
DAWG

Not to Canada. 😢 No shipping to us at all. Oh well, my 4 will have to do, for now.
that really sucks, i got lucky buying 11#- 6 gallon carboys, counting my designated carboy at the pump, i got 25, 1#,,3 gal,, #2, 5 ga,, 3#,6&1/2 gal, the other 19 are all sixes, top off jugs all 38-400 thread so a 6.5 drilled bung fits them all 6#,1,gal 4#,half gallon and 12#,pints, as well turn a small universel upside down to airlock a clear wine bottle, i try not to make many wines, but by aging you'll one day look around and say WTF have i done:i
Dawg

Oh my gosh, I lost track of this thread for some reason but so glad I popped in to see your post about the free shipping!!! Thank you @DizzyIzzy!

Dizzy how much finish wine do you get from 8 oz purees?
Dawg
Hi Dawg............how the heck are you? I ADD the purees to my fruit wine kits and/or made from the fruit itself. Because it is so concentrated it really does push up the "fruitiness" flavor. For example, currently I am fermenting a Raspberry/Peach Sangria to which I added 4 oz. of Raspberry puree...........................Dizzy

Hi Dawg............how the heck are you? I ADD the purees to my fruit wine kits and/or made from the fruit itself. Because it is so concentrated it really does push up the "fruitiness" flavor. For example, currently I am fermenting a Raspberry/Peach Sangria to which I added 4 oz. of Raspberry puree...........................Dizzy
hehe, yup the more flavor the better, i'm good, and how you be?
Dawg

I probably missed this earlier in the thread, but do you add the puree pre-fermentation or post?

hey @Dizzlizzy i am good how are you? been awhile.
Dawg

Latest posts

Back