Strawberry Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowbird

first timer
Reaction score
Any suggestions on what to use to top off ? I guessing by the time I rack it it's gonna be about a gallon short. It has a lot of settlement on bottom.:?

How much U making?
Can you rack to smaller carboy?
If making 6 gal and will be short 1 gal thats way to much headspace.

You could blend it with peach wine and Tom is right, way way way too much head space. You need several smaller bottles/carboys to split that up.

An alternative method is to buy 10,000 marbles and add them.

Yep 6 gal. I was trying to keep from buying carboys...there too high.:slp

I have used Chardonnay tom top off Strawberry in plast and it has work well

You could blend it with peach wine and Tom is right, way way way too much head space. You need several smaller bottles/carboys to split that up.

An alternative method is to buy 10,000 marbles and add them.

Interesting...
I need to know....
Did you count 10,000 and know that many will displace ONE gallon?

If making 6 gallons - a gallon short - buy a 5 gallon carboy - they are only about $30 plus shipping.

Are you could put a vacuum seal on it - i have heard that you can do that when your wine is stabilized.

Strawberry wine gives me a gut ach. Picked 3 flats today and ate 2 already. My belly hurts and I dont have anywhere near enough berries to make wine

Strawberry wine gives me a gut ach. Picked 3 flats today and ate 2 already. My belly hurts and I dont have anywhere near enough berries to make wine

BAD MIKE! BAD MIKE! Those were for making wine. I told you not to touch them. Get in the corner right now and think about what you did. :(

Yes go and sulk in the corner.:slp
When there think of all the Wine bottles that were NOT FILLED with great Strawberry Wine !

Back