Strawberry Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxRedhead

Junior
Reaction score
A week ago my best friend and a friend of ours went out searching for the best strawberries we coudl find. We came home with 38 pounds of berries and spend the afternoon capping, cutting and lightly smooshing them. They spent a few days in the freezer as I've found that greatly increases the amount of juice you get from them. Today I mixed the berries with 10# of sugar, some water and the additives. Thought I'd share a picuture. The smell and color are incredible. I can't wait to see how this turns out.

S_DSC01776.JPG

We have done some Strawberry mixes, but not just Strawberries alone. But they all came out with a nice strawberry smell and a very lite strawberry taste. Looks great, enjoy and have fun.

smiley17.gif
Winemaking more that just a hobby

Looks fabulous. I have a suspicion that it is going to be a very good wine. I know you will nuture it well.

When you say you went out to find the best strawberrys do you mean these are wild strawberrys?

RAMROD said:
When you say you went out to find the best strawberrys do you mean these are wild strawberrys?

No, I'm just very picky about the fruit I use for my wines. I've found that strawberries that are weakly scented will not make good wine because the essential oils that give off the scent are also at least in part responsible for the taste. I look for very strongly scented berries that have a deep, brilliant red color.

Very nice, keep us posted on how its going. Im debating on a Strawberry KIWI wine.I got access to some great Strawberries and local KIwi. Got to find room in the freezer.

Bill

Latest posts

Back