Strawberry Wine Question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
to bring up the lemon juice thing, unless you are measuring the acid level of your must as you add it, or like you said you were aiming for something like strawberry-skeeterpee, i would suggest using powdered acid because then you have a control on how much acid you truly add. lemon juice might be different levels, and amounts.
color wise i have never used Lallzyme EX-V, so i can't comment on it. I have always just added raspberries to get the color. The color change is caused by oxidation if i remember right. it is extremely sensitive to it, and it doesn't change the taste much if any, but it affects the color. supposedly ensuring you have adequate amounts of campden, and use citric acid the color will stay better. i have never gotten it to work, but i know people have.

Anybody else notice their strawberry wine changes color? My batch started out a beautiful deep red, then changed to a bright pink after the first racking, now its orange after about 6 months. What gives? Is this normal?

I add an fpac of strawberries after fermentation. This helps with flavor and color.

Hello everyone, this is my first post, so go easy on me. I started my first batch of wine 5 days ago, I'm attempting to make 5 gallons of strawberry. It seems to be going well. I started with a SG of 1.080 and tonight, 5 days later, I'm down to 1.020. My recipe says to siphon into glass secondary at 1.030 and attach airlock. I've seen some people on here say to wait til 1.000 or 1.010 before transferring to secondary. What would be best?

I always transfer to glass secondary after 5 days and the SG is always around 1020 to 1030, obviously depending on my original starting number. Over the coming months it drifts down to 1000, all being well of course

Latest posts

Back