Strawberry Wine and Oak Strips

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cxwgfamily

Reaction score
All,

I am in the process of bring a strawberry batch into secondary fermentation. I wanted to experiment with adding an Oak strip to the secondary after fermentation stops and I go into bulk aging. Any suggestions??? I am looking for any thing from "do not do it" to "a brief description of Oak strip pre-treatment and the length of time in the carboy while the batch ages.

All input is greatly appreciated.

Cxwgfamily

I dont have any experiance with strips but was surprised after first experiance with cubes how quickly I could tell its affect.
My experiace is use less than instructions say and leave it longer. If you aren't getting where you want you can allways add more.
Instructions are writen by the guy selling them, and I seldom trust the sales guy.
Do a search here on oaking. You'll probably find enough reading to keep you busy till its time to remove it. Lol

Thanks, Keith. Your wisdom, experience and sense of humor shines bright through your post.

Latest posts

Back