Strawberry White Zin

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scubaman2151

Reaction score
Ok so my three new kits came in yesterday and being excited as usual Irushed to get one fermenting.

StrawberryWhiteZin.jpg

I picked the Strawberry White Zin to start first, they only provided one gallon of juice so I added that plus 5 gals of water to the fermenter. Threw in some bentonite they gave me as well as the yeast. Good stir and let sit at 78* with a starting sg of 1.060. They also provided a sweetener bag for use after the main ferment is done. I however don't care all that much for the sweet wines and wish to add the extra bag mid ferment to bump up the ABV a little. When is the best time, SG wise, to add that bag in?

StrawberryWhiteZin2.jpg

StrawberryWhiteZin3.jpg

Scuba

Scuba, I recently bottled that one. My procedure with these types of kits is to add half the F-pack up front and use the remaining half for sweetening after stabilizing. You can add as much of the F-pack as you want at any point while active fermentation is going on. As I said, I add it during the initial dilution before pitching the yeast.

BTW - This one is a huge hit with my wife and her friends.

That's the color from the strawberries. Final color on mine is not that impressive, but I am getting rave reviews on it.

Back