Strawberry skeeter pee

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strawberry's been backsweetened/fpac'd a bunch (we're 3 bottles of strawberry syrup now) - yeasty flavor is not as strong, but still pretty much wrecking the taste...

Gotta start up another batch of plain SP :) Down to our last bottle and bags... Whoops :)

my skeeter pee is pretty yeasty too...it's more in the bouquet than the taste though...almost reminds me of a beer???
still tastes good, lol

Yeah, it's there in the Standard Skeeterpee - but It's REALLY strong in the strawberry... Maybe we'll give'r another two weeks of aging - see if it tones down some more...

I followed the original recipe to the letter and used the strawberry floaters on top of my working strawberry wine as my yeast. However, when it came time to back sweeten, there wasn't much strawberry flavor. So, I added a container of Bacardi Strawberry Daiquiri concentrate from the frozen juice section of the nearest grocery store. It turned out to be one of the best wines I have ever made. Since I don't have any strawberries for my next batch, I am going to try a normal yeast starter and 2 strawberry concentrates at back sweetening time.

I followed the original recipe to the letter and used the strawberry floaters on top of my working strawberry wine as my yeast. However, when it came time to back sweeten, there wasn't much strawberry flavor. So, I added a container of Bacardi Strawberry Daiquiri concentrate from the frozen juice section of the nearest grocery store. It turned out to be one of the best wines I have ever made. Since I don't have any strawberries for my next batch, I am going to try a normal yeast starter and 2 strawberry concentrates at back sweetening time.
How many pounds of strawberries did you add? I just did a strawberry version and racked it for clearing. Wonder if I will have to do the same...

I used Dave's Dragon's Blood recipe but used 7 1/2 pounds of strawberries in a mesh bag. After bottling, there was a very pronounced strawberry flavor.

Latest posts

Back