Strawberry not fermenting

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where did you get the recipe you used? Thats a lot of water for 1 can of Vintners Harvest. And then you added another gallon of tap water on top of that! I dont think there is going to be any flavor in this batch. I use 2 cans per 6 gallon batch. What level are you at with this?

It's right at 6 gallons. I used the recipe on the can. There was two option, a 3 gallon recipe and a 6 gallon recipe. I was thinking the same thing (too much water). That's why I just started a 3 gallon batch of raspberry.

the bananas are in and it's going again. the airlock cycles about once every 30 seconds, so i'm happy again:h
what is in the bananas that the yeast like so much?

i think my whole problem here was the distilled water to start with:slp
that's a mistake i'll only make once

The bananas are full of nutrients but not enough to keep your fermentation going to long so add some while its going good to keep it going. Also, keep it warm now and keep stirring it up to get all the yeast the 02 it needs.

It's down to 1.015. I tasted it and as you suspected Wade there is not much flavor. Can you recommend anything for adding flavor? Or is the damage done? There are no bad flavors, just no fruity flavors.

just a thought,

could you add another can of vintners harvest?

Allie

F-PAC is the way to go.

How to make a F-PAC

Add 20-30% of what used in the primary in a large frying pan or pot. Simmer to extract all "flavor" and reduce the water from the fruit. Strain thru a kitchen strainer and add AFTER you rack and after the wine is DRY ( .990) You MUST have added k-meta and Sorbate before adding the f-pac. Once adding the f-pac you can add clearing agent. You will have to rack at least 2+ more times. Then
back sweeten to YOUR taste using simple syrup.

Tom

well it's been at 1.008 for about 2 weeks now. there are little bubbles and fizzing but absolutly no change from 1.008 in 2 weeks. i'm thinking of going ahead with degassing, sorbate, and sulfites. does anyone see any issues wih proceeding while it's still this high?
i have about 10 oz monin syrup left from the chocolate strawberry port i made, and i picked up some brewcraft natural strawberry fruit flavoring to bring back some flavor.

Still fizzing and the S.G. is stable after 2 weeks. You need to degas and then stabalize.

Latest posts

Back