Strawberry Fpak

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyL

Reaction score
Ok,

Tested the Strawberry skeeterpee; Definitely understanding why you guys like heavy duty lb/gal vs some of the recipes :D

Knew I was planning to put in a flavor pack after fermenting - wondering what my options are? Needs a fair bit of flavor, just a bare hint of strawberry right now (so closer to vodka with a slice o strawberry than a strawberry wine cooler).

Any suggestions on how to make that Fpak good n strong on the strawberry side while minimal on the water content?

We barely use any water at all when making an f-pac. What size batch this is and how much fruit you used would be of great help for us to determine approx how much fruit you would need.

Used 4 pints of frozen strawberry in syrup (yeah not near enough) but - was more following the Skeeter Pee recipe than the strawberry wine recipes :) 5G batch,

ok, thats going to need some serious amounts of fruit there. Id pick up about 8 lbs of fruit and mash them up good in a pot and simmer on medium low with lid off for an hour or more then strain the juice and cool down and then add to taste. Its possible you may need more but im thinking you just want to taste more and not over power the lemon and since you can taste a very slight hint already this should do.

Not sure about serious amounts - was more going for the "Strawberry cooler" kind of taste - not so going for the strawberry wine taste, trying to keep the lemon under control actually - wife not a fan :)

smuckers strawberry pancake syrup worked on my last batch. It will sweeten and flavor

It is almost gone and it has only been in bottle a short time. Yep thats the stuff

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back