Strawberry/Banana bottled finally!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MustyMike

Reaction score
F1BEF556-C8D5-4A71-84B1-FE2D5A2AA161.jpeg
19 bottles total. Sorry pic is sideways. Couldn’t get it to rotate 🙄 sitting at about 16% abv, but smooth as silk 🍷

Thanks for the info @KCCam. Also to note, I had a screw top bottle fail on me while corking. I used a micro corker with rubber mallet. I knew the dangers of corking a screw top when I started and broke the first one. Get a feel for cork top bottles before you cork a screw top. I felt the screw top shatter on the last swing. Nothing worse than dumping a fresh bottle because you didn’t heed the advice of others. I managed to salvage my broken bottle with coffee filters but some may not be as lucky. Live and learn ✌🏻

Thanks for the info @KCCam. Also to note, I had a screw top bottle fail on me while corking. I used a micro corker with rubber mallet. I knew the dangers of corking a screw top when I started and broke the first one. Get a feel for cork top bottles before you cork a screw top. I felt the screw top shatter on the last swing. Nothing worse than dumping a fresh bottle because you didn’t heed the advice of others. I managed to salvage my broken bottle with coffee filters but some may not be as lucky. Live and learn ✌🏻
Point taken about the screw tops. I see some of the bottles in your picture are screw tops. At first I didn't know better. Now I do, so I am more careful with my floor corker, and never give them away as gifts. I don’t mind wasting a bottle of wine, but I would hate to be the cause of injury to someone, or to myself.

yep i got a friend that's catholic, told me he could bring me lots of bottles, that's when i learnt the difference between a 28mm screw top and a commercial sleavens screw top, the sleavens require a machine to guarantee a proper seal, 28 mm screw top you use 28mm polycone lids i have a couple three cases , but the caps get expensive,
Dawg

Back