WineXpert Strated a Blackraspberry Merlot

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Vino

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I just started a Island Mist Blackraspberry Merot..the jucie smelled fantastic and tasted very good. I added 4 cups of sugar to help the ABV but unsure if I kicked it up enough.

I'm planning on this being my early drinker while two other I have a WE merlot that is 7 weeks in the bottle and a Luna Rossa that I have in a carboy for bulk aging.

Has anyone tasted the BR merlot from Island Mist? Would you make it again? If yes would you add suger to kick up the ABV to offset the sweet?

Thanks
Mike

Mike:

I have not made that specific kit. I have made a few other Mist wines. I do not kick up the alcohol, but that's just personal preference.

I know a couple of people who always stir 6 cups of sugar into the must before adding the yeast. Not sure what this does to the alcohol content.

Steve

I added 5 pounds of sugar to a WE Exotic Fruits White Zin. It brought the SG to 1.090. It will finish with the same alcohol content as a regular white zin kit. Add sugar by using your hydrometer. You will then know what your end alcohol content will be.

Smurfe :)

Latest posts

Back