straining question...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LUC, you forgot to mention the importance of matching the color of the stocking to the color of your eyes!!!

I am going to go to home depot today and grab paint strainers.

My question is since I did not use them in the beginning should I transfer it now and let it finnish or wait until it gets to 1.015 and just use it to strain out the fruit at this time?

Right now fermentation is going pretty good and I try to push the fruit under the level twice a day...but since I did not use a bag some of the fruit is in the cap that has formed on top....

Should I keep disturbing this cap twice a day or leave it alone?

Should have used a paint strainer in the beginning, but you live and you learn....

Jeff

Just keep doing what you are doing, dont bother to put it in a bag now and dont rack them over either. I take my fruit out after about 8 days cause at that point they will have given up everything they had if you have used pectic enzyme.

Troy, Funny to hear someone without water talking about sinks and dishwashers. I am trying to visualize you going to your favorite lingerie store (by the way which one is it) and asking what what size to get for your bucket and which color goes best with your whine.

OP, what a cool concept, marinade your chickens before butchering! :b

Maybe Fredricks of Fairbanks. Complete with fur covered garters.

...Right now fermentation is going pretty good and I try to push the fruit under the level twice a day...but since I did not use a bag some of the fruit is in the cap that has formed on top....

Should I keep disturbing this cap twice a day or leave it alone?
Jeff
From everything I've read/learned so far, you should be pushing the cap under every time it forms for the first week, anyway. Isn't there a risk of mold forming, if you don't?

Back