Storing in old wooden wine cases?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlatVintner

Junior
Reaction score
I live in a flat and am quite likely to move a bit over the next few years, to avoid the need to disassemble wine racks and then find temporary transport containers for bottles I have been thinking about using 6 or 12 bottle wooden cases.

I am thinking that the cases will mean I can store the wine perfectly easily but transport it far more easily if required.

Does anyone else do this and if not am I missing a good reason not to? I know old cases are more expensive than racks but a bit a searching on Ebay does show some at not unreasonable prices.

Great, thanks for the reply all, that helped reassure me that there wasn't an obvious problem.

Salcoco, I agree about the stacking although I wouldn't anticipate stacking more than one on top of the other, the other advantage of cases vs racks is that I can put the cases under other (lighter) bits and pieces that I need to be able to get out the the store room.

Latest posts

Back