Storing delicate glassware

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jet

Reaction score
Any advice on storing delicate glassware like pipettes?

myself I'd go to walmart get a couple of those big rolls of bubble wrap and do them individually, but to be honest if your not going to be moving it around I would wrap loosely in newspaper I've got a few boxes of hand blown crystal and thats what I did of course they haven't been moved since I put them up. if moving them around bubble wrap is best. You can even get bubble wrap where it's like little stoage bins you slide stuff in

I keep some of my pippetts in a pippett stand and others in a padded drawer.

lab001.jpg

DSCN2428.jpg

oh man! My stuff looks so rudimentary compared to your pics!! We do not have pipettes, don't even know what they are for actually!!! I got me a baster that I steralize to extract wine from carboy to test SG, couple carboys, couple primarys, a hydrometer, and some corks and bottles!! LOL! I need to aquire more it seems ;)

Looks nice Runningwolf, just a wee bit bigger than my setup. ;) Right now all my stuff has to fit in a plastic tub or a small overhead bathroom cabinet. Not exactly ideal to store my sole 1 mL pipette.

I have bought a bunch of little plastic containers at Walmart for storage. Each one holds everything for each test. One for ph solutions another for S02, etc. Then when I want to do a specific test I just pull out the container and everything is there. They are only a few cents or dollars and come in all sizes in their kitchen dept.

I have bought a bunch of little plastic containers at Walmart for storage. Each one holds everything for each test. One for ph solutions another for S02, etc. Then when I want to do a specific test I just pull out the container and everything is there. They are only a few cents or dollars and come in all sizes in their kitchen dept.

Thanks, I'll give it a look see next time I'm at the store.

Couldn't find any plastic containers of an appropriate size. Anything long enough to hold the pipette was so large that it would swallow it.

Right now, I'm torn between a pipette stand and bubble wrap with a rubber band.

This is what I have in my drawer now to keep them contained. This hold the majority of them. The ones that are too long I just place in the front and back of the tray.

IMAG0072.jpg

I thought you meant long term storage of glassware like glasses and such lol I knew you said pipettes and such just thought oh well

Back