Storage Of Your Chemicals

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djrockinsteve

Reaction score
I am now at the stage where I'm making a lot of wine as far as a hobby is concerned (over 100 Gallons). I have a storage container that holds all the bags of my chemicals and it's kept on top of a cabinet way out of reach (just in case).

I am looking for a better way to organize all of these and I would like to get them out of their little plastic bags and into something more durable and safer. Anyone have any ideas as far as something that would be safe and yet still durable? I don't like the rubbermaid containers as they may open if dropped. Maybe something that screws on.

In addition to that does anyone have the safety sheets for these wine chemicals. I like to be very prepared just in case!!!

Thank you for your input.
Steve

I am now at the stage where I'm making a lot of wine as far as a hobby is concerned (over 100 Gallons). I have a storage container that holds all the bags of my chemicals and it's kept on top of a cabinet way out of reach (just in case).

I am looking for a better way to organize all of these and I would like to get them out of their little plastic bags and into something more durable and safer. Anyone have any ideas as far as something that would be safe and yet still durable? I don't like the rubbermaid containers as they may open if dropped. Maybe something that screws on.

In addition to that does anyone have the safety sheets for these wine chemicals. I like to be very prepared just in case!!!

Thank you for your input.
Steve

I keep mine in Mason jars of various sizes

i keep most of mine in oversized plastic vitamin bottles or other similar bottles - the big dark kind that those sorts of pills come in. the caps are childproof of course and the dark color helps shield against any light degradation for those items that might be susceptible to that. plus they are unbreakable and i can fit measuring spoons into the mouths.

I keep mine in the original bags and then put them in a quart Zip-Lock bag. I then keep some in the vials you would see in the wine store. That way it has directions and name of the product.
Last thing you want is some "cop" looking at all that WHITE POWDER. LOL

Does anyone date their chemicals? I ran into a problem with sorbate. I had no idea when I bought it and I ended up having an apple wine start to ferment in the bottle. Fortunately, the wine kept its sweetness and only was fizzy and boy was it good. Too bad I can't replicate that.

Julie

Latest posts

Back