Sticky Recipes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

cpfan

Reaction score
Wade and Allie:

First, I have no complaint with you posting all those fruit wine recipes. I will probably even try one or two sometime.

But I believe that putting them all up as Stickies will make other posts in that sub-forum difficult to find. Besides I thought Stickies were supposed to be more inportant than any other message. None of those recipes are more important than any other recipe.

Steve

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
You are right CP and I was thinking that it made them not respondable but was wrong. I would really like to put these recipes somewhere on the front page and be like a link so no one can post on them. After we sort through what we can find on this site and please feel free to include some of your own I will be locking that section down and any other recipes can be pmed to me or any other mod or admin for me to enter. I wish there was a way to even keep them alphabetically organized but once its locked down i will see if I can do that in another mode.

St Allie

Tech Administrator
Reaction score
Initially sticky til we have cut and pasted all recipes of the site here to that forum, then we'll remove the stickiness.

They will be co ordinated into a sticky thread in alphabetical order at the top of the forum .. so people will be able to open the sticky thread and directly link to the relative recipe... It 'll just be a bit messy for a couple of days, til we get as many of the members recipes shifted into it as possible.

Sorry for that lack of communication ..

Allie;)

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
I think I just figured out how to keep them in alpha order. Bare with us everyone! We are still pretty new to this forums way of doing things.

smurfe

Reaction score
As far as I know, posts are listed in the order they are entered. You don't really have to sticky them. Just start the thread with the recipe post and the close it. The thread will stay there but no one will be able to reply to the thread.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
If you go into admin settings you can change the way stuff is viewed by editing the forum which I did and hopefully all can view it in Alpha. order. You have to change it from ascending or default to post Title.

St Allie

Tech Administrator
Reaction score
It's showing as being in alphabetical order to me now Wade.

Allie :)

Last edited:

smurfe

Reaction score
It shows alphabetic for me to, backawards. :c

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
There is a tool when you first open up recipes that you can switch the way they ascend or descend right inbetween thread>thread starter.

gonzo46307

Reaction score
Just a thought...

...Could the actual recipe's be separated into a sub-folder? The "sticky" recipe's can be stored in the sub-folder, and any new threads would be accessible without all the "stickies" interfering.

I'm not sure that's possible with the forum software, it's just a thought.

Peace,
Bob

Latest posts