Steamed Banana juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

upper

Reaction score
I have some bananas that I am steaming with the peel.In what size containers should I freeze? I normally make 5 gallon batches.Also do peeled banans yeild a more universal product? Thanks......Upper

I find steam juicing Banana do not produce much.
What I do is cut both ends off, cut in 1/3rds, freeze 4-5#'s or what fits in a gallon ziplock. When needed I then simmer this w/ a little water till mush. Then take that and let it pass thru a kitchen strainer. Then I add this to my must for extra body.

Was this what you were planning on doing with it?

Just that Tom,but I have 30 pound of 1 inch slices which if steamed would greatly increase my freezer space.I also have 40 pounds of cored and sliced pears.Thanks for your (almost biblical) imput.............Upper

Wel ldo it then. Just dont expect what upi get from fresh fruit.
YES I did steam and was not to happy..
then again It gives you a G@@D excuse to get a used freezer for WINE.
So, if you have SWMBO then explain that is what I said U need to do.. I will take laa blame.. :br

Damn homebrew mixed w/ wine.. can't speel 2nite..:dg:dg

A used one for wine? No, you get a new one for wine and stick your steakums and popcicles in the old one. You got to get your priorities right! Crackedcork

Wel ldo it then. Just dont expect what upi get from fresh fruit.
YES I did steam and was not to happy..
then again It gives you a G@@D excuse to get a used freezer for WINE.
So, if you have SWMBO then explain that is what I said U need to do.. I will take laa blame.. :br

Thank you,I understand,reason I detected some latino overtones.My bad......Upper

No Tom, I have an EXTREMELY cool wife. We plant the bushes. I mow.We prune. She picks. We crush. I make the must. She innoculates the yeast to give it life. I rack and rack and rack. We bottle. We drink. When we started to get a much higher yield than we predicted from our elderberries, blackberries, black raspberries and she ran out of freezer space and I ran out of carboys SHE suggested a new bigger energy efficient freezer and MORE caryboys. I even take her into the local homebrew shops and let her suggest things to get :):) She also let me get a portable dish washer for washing bottles, is this gal cool or what!

Crackedcork

I know alot of men here want to know if she has a TWIN ! ...LOL
Yep you are "blessed"

Latest posts

Back