Steam Juicer vs Juice Extractor

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Better Method

• Total voters

gfrank07

Reaction score
I'm making my first batch of cherry wine and I figured I'd invest in a juice extractor to ease the beginning process. I read somewhere that a steam juicer will actually kill some of the enzymes in the fruit. Is this true? I decided to go with a GE 800 watt Juice extractor while understanding that I will have to take the stones out of the cherries before use. Any thoughts?

I would rather add whole frozen fruit to the primary then just juice them.
I however also steam them. One big advantage is once you have steam juice you can store it in "mason" jars and use at MY leisure. Since you need so much fruit to make 6 gallons (30# or more) you may not be able to get enough at one time.
Juicers are very messu as well. There is still good pulp that
you can use

Love my steam juicer... Tom recomended it...

make sure U find a Stainless Steel model. :tz

Right now all I can afford is the aluminum model. Is this bad for wine making? Or should I wait till I'm making more than just one-gallon recipes to purchase the stainless steel model?

Right now all I can afford is the aluminum model. Is this bad for wine making? Or should I wait till I'm making more than just one-gallon recipes to purchase the stainless steel model?
I question the durability when heated for a long time. Also, the acids in the fruit will pit alum. It will be harder to clean compared to stainless. Wait till you have more $$ and get the SS

I question the durability when heated for a long time. Also, the acids in the fruit will pit alum. It will be harder to clean compared to stainless. Wait till you have more $$ and get the SS

The link I posted above is a stainless model.

Latest posts

Back