STEAM JUICE EXTRACTION

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You will be much happier. Clean up is a breeze. When the hard water boils out leaving deposits in the boiler and elsewhere a quick scour with barkeepers friend will clean it as good as new. That is a great price. I think you undersized it though its a 9 and 1/2 quart
smiley4.gif

2 quarts would take you forever to steam any sizable amount of fruit

Silly question...

Anyone every used a steam Juicer with Pumpkin (to make Pumpkin wine)...it's that time of year. :)

Hi MaineGirl, thanks for the marble tip, we keep them in the bottom of the steamer when we store it so we dont forget to use them! Crackedcork

You're welcome, Cracked Cork.
smiley1.gif

We keep our marbles stored in the bottom pan as well.

you don't need to steam pumpkin to make pumpkin wine. Just cook it up to convert starches to sugars, pulp it, bag it, and then add water, sugar, and acid/tannin additions.

Last edited by a moderator:
ithink2020 said:
Silly question...

Anyone every used a steam Juicer with Pumpkin (to make Pumpkin wine)...it's that time of year. :)

And to add to what Dean said ... This will drop a LOT of sediment, make plenty of extra for topping off.

May try a batch with the steam juicer and see how it goes. Have never made a pu,pkin wine so it will all be a new adventure

You have a great wife! I reread your previous post. She said if no one else gets it she will.
Enjoy it. This is what I have. You can use it NOW for Strawberry wine. Just go to Sams Club and get the frozen.

i think i need to find my marbles before i buy one !!!!

lost 'em

rrawhide

rrawhide said:
i think i need to find my marbles before i buy one !!!!

lost 'em

rrawhide

Who said YOU need marbles?....LOL
smiley2.gif

Back